Friday, November 14, 2014

New commission piece finished and installed

So a year or two ago a guy contacted me about showing my work in a venue where his band was doing a show. Unfortunately for him I had just picked up some of my work in another alternative venue and there was some stains on a couple pieces so I decided then, no more alternative venues. So I told him Id have to pass. Fast forward a year ago and he contacts me via facebook asking my about my prices and about doing a commission piece for their home. Then just this past September I was doing the Westport Art Fair and they came by my tent and decided to make the commitment to do it. So I got to work after meeting with them about the size and looking at the space.

I started working on it and really was going for a cloud look but I struggled and struggled with trying to bring it about. After about 14 hours one day fighting with it I scrapped it and started on a whole new design. When all was said and done and I took it over for a preliminary fitting they commented that it looked like a fish. I had yet to stand back and look at it and when I did then they were right. Funny thing is the husband use to have a large salt water fish tank and still has a couple large tropical fish tanks. I love how God will work through me when working on pieces and I dont even realize it till its all over.

So I took the finished piece over yesterday and got it installed for them. I love how the openings on the piece cast light and shadows up on the ceiling just as Id hoped. I also love the way the two sconces they have on each side of the fireplace also interact with the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment