Thursday, September 15, 2011

The back story

So a little bit about how I got here.

Back in June of 2009 I had a few significant life altering events take place all within that month. Firstly while on vacation, actually on our way home. We found out our first dog Wiggy (a loveable Shiztu) was killed by a larger dog. Then a week later my then wife and I decided we would go our different ways. Then 2 weeks later I was let go from my job as a graphic designer of 13 years.

I lost track of how many days I sat at my desk at work with sometimes very little to do and wished I didn't have to work at this job so I could instead work at creating the artwork that I wanted to make. Additionally due to many factors my then wife required a lot of time an attention (above and beyond what most women need or desire to keep happy lol). So being set free from these two obligations I felt God was saying, "Well you've been asking for freedom now you have it so get to it." I do honestly believe being let go from my job was one of the best things thats happened to me as an adult.

So taking some of my 401k money I invested in myself and my art. The way I see it is you never hear about an artist or actor or musician retiring. I think its because most people retire from their jobs to do what they really want to do. Artist of all types are actually already doing what they really want to do. So I don't see myself as retiring from this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment